Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dancing at The Teatro Zinzanni

Last Wednesday, my band, The University of Soul, was rehearsing at Secret Studios in San Francisco, and actor/singer Sally Kellerman stopped by. We sang a few songs together and generally had a great time. She invited me to see her perform the following night at the Teatro Zinzanni.

I shared a table there with Henry Marx, the owner of my label, Music Force Media Group, and Robert and Rory, the owners of The RRazz Room. It was a lot of fun, but I made one BIG MISTAKE. I was sitting right next to the stage, and before long, I was literly pulled onto the stage, and in front of several hundred people I had to do a weird, improvised dance with Sally! I basically felt like a complete idiot, but everyone seemed to get a big kick out of it.

But the most amazing thing was the magician in the show. During a break, he came over to my table, took off my glasses, put them on the table in front of me, and proceeded to make them levitate off the table. It was totally unbelievable.

After the show, Henry, Sally and I hung out back stage and met the really fascinating, international circus performers in the show. As I looked around, the whole scene made me feel like I was on the set of a Fellini film....

Lots of love,

RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment